Saturday 21 April 2018

Black and White Daze

As my (whisper it) 009 project 'The Old Quarry Line' draws to a conclusion I thought I would add a couple of picture here to mark the occasion. The project started with the Peco V-skips received as a gift and ironically they are one of the last things to be worked upon.

Using RTR wagons was part of the ethos adopted for this scheme, to use readily available bits and pieces to create the scene, something that is not always possible on O9 (or other 7mm scale combinations) as model shops and trade stands don't always have anything to offer.


I was also able to try 3D printed models for the first time in the shape of the 2A-Rail Ruston Hornsby, which has come out rather well.

I have covered the scenic aspects of the project on this blog as many scenic ideas translate between scales. I do rather like this view down the cutting at the back of the layout.


If you are wondering why these pictures are in black and white it is just because I liked the look of it, rather like an old model railway magazine!


Thought is now being given to what comes next. My dabble with 3D printing has rubbed off on my 7mm scale ideas with a few parts in stock for future projects...

Colin


No comments:

Post a Comment